USAID’s Youth Excel program is launching a 6-week global photo competition to encourage young people from Africa, Asia, Europe and Eurasia, Latin America and the Caribbean and the Middle East and North Africa to share images reflecting five main themes:
- Youth Mental Health and Wellness
- Youth at The Forefront of Economic Development
- Youth and Decision-Makers at Work
- Youth Driving Decisions Through Data
- Gender and Inclusion
IREX is a global development and education organization. We focus on people, not on roads, or wells. We work in more than 100 countries on issues such as education, leadership, information, and youth.
Around the globe, persistent poverty, repression, and injustice prevent too many people from achieving their full potential. To address these problems, we focus on people, not on buildings, roads, or wells. We support individuals and institutions to create change in their own communities—and to create person-to-person bridges between nations.
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
IREX works with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Our work includes reducing corruption, stopping disinformation, and building social trust.
IREX formed a strategic partnership with Development Gateway, a mission-driven, nonprofit organization that leverages data to help people and communities improve their lives. The partnership positions Development Gateway as a subsidiary of IREX.
Eligibility criteria for the USAID Youth Excel Photo Competition.
- Young changemakers between 15-35 years old from Africa, Asia, Europe and Eurasia, Latin America and the Caribbean and the Middle East and North Africa.
- First place winner from each theme will receive a special prize valued at USD $200-$300.
- Prize will be announced soon!
How to Submit
- Participants must submit their entries using this form.
- Participation in the Youth Excel’s photo contest authorizes IREX, USAID and the Youth Excel program to use the winning images on the IREX website and other communication channels for IREX and Youth Excel such as social media, publications, collateral and more. Other entries may also be used by the Youth Excel program and USAID.
Application Deadline: July 17, 2022.
For More Information: