The Frame Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme is set up under the Pan-African Programme (Development Cooperation Instrument) and is based on the experience of the Intra-ACP Academic Mobility Scheme.
The programme’s objective is to improve the skills and competences of students and staff through enhanced mobility between African countries.
Eligibility criteria for the FRAME Intra-African Mobility Scholarships
- Nationals and/residents of African countries who are staff, alumni and/or students registered in one of the Partner Universities at the time of application or having obtained a qualification from one of the Universities involved in the partnership
Eligible Countries: African
Type: Master, PhD
Where will Award be Taken?
Namibia University of Science and Technology, Namibia: https://www.nust.na/ (3 degree-seeking) (5 credit seeking)
- Master of Agribusiness Management
- Master of Natural Resource Management
- Master of Spatial Science
- Master of Environmental Engineering
University of Buea, Cameroon: https://www.ubuea.cm/ (2 credit seeking)
- Doctorate in Agronomy (crop protection)
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana: https://www.knust.edu.gh/ (4 credit seeking)
- PhD Food and Post-Harvest Engineering
- PhD Sustainable Energy Technologies
- Master in Renewable Energy Technologies
- Master’s degree in Soil and Water Engineering
Hawassa University, Ethiopia: http://www.hu.edu.et/hu/ (3 degree-seeking) (4 credit seeking)
- Master’s degree in Soil and Water Conservation Engineering
- PhD Animal Nutrition
University of the Free State, South Africa: https://www.ufs.ac.za/ (1 Master degree-seeking) (1 PhD credit seeking)
- PhD in Disaster Management
- Master of Soil, Crop and Climate Sciences (Agronomy)
Value of Award: The scholarship package covers the following:
Travel and visa expenses
• One (1) return flight ticket according to travel bands
• Visa costs related to the mobility
• Master’s: ¤ 600 and Doctorates: ¤ 900
• One-month equivalent settling-in allowance
• One extra month of allowance for female candidates
Insurance cost (medical, travel, accident)
• 75 maximum per month
Longer mobilities (Master’s or Doctoral) registered at a host
University for purposes of obtaining a Degree.
Shorter mobilities (Master’s or Doctoral), registered at home
University who would enroll at host University to gather credits
towards the registered degree.
Method of Application: Interested candidates should click on this link https://emecw.gis.lu.se/apply/?lot=FRAME to access the application platform.
Documents to be attached:
• Academic Certificate
• Description of research topic
• Official Language Test (English test)
• Official Transcript of Diploma
• Proof of registration/Alumni
• Current Resume or CV
• Host University Application form (Proof of application to the host University)
Application Deadline: 13th August 2022