- Bachelor, , Master
RMB 2,500 (for bachelor)/RMB 3,000 (for master)
Chinese Government Scholarship is a scholarship set up by the Chinese government to facilitate students and scholars from all over the world to conduct their study and research at Chinese universities. The scholarship aims to increase the mutual understanding and friendship between the people of China and peoples from the rest of the world, and to develop the communication and cooperation between China and the rest of the world in the field of education, technology, culture and economics.
- Bachelor’s program applicants should be older than 18, younger than 25, and the age limit of the master’s program applicants is 35. The applicants’ nationalities should be on the list of the 64 countries along the Belt and Road.
- Bachelor’s program applicants must have completed their high school education, while the master’s program applicants should have obtained a bachelor’s degree.
- For the graduates to obtain their degrees, they should submit a pre-graduation certificate to guarantee that they have the competence to complete their study and receive the diploma by July.
- Language requirements: For the bachelor’s program of Chinese Language-Business Chinese: Admission requirement: HSK level 5; Graduation requirement: HSK level 6. For the master’s program of Information Resources Management: Admission requirement: IELTS 6.0/TOEFL 85 or TOEFL Essentials 9 (The department code of NJU is C288)/Duolingo 100. Graduation requirement: HSK level 3.
- Applicants who do not meet the above requirements will not be accepted.
- Students who have been granted other Chinese scholarships or funding are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Allowance: In the scholarship duration, awardees will be provided with a monthly stipend.
- Tuition: Tuition will be waived.
- Health Insurance: An insurance fee of RMB 800/year will be offered to the students in the scholarship duration, and they will be required to purchase the insurance accordingly.
- Lodging: Free lodging in the international dormitory of the university will be provided for the students in the entire duration of the scholarship.
Applicants should make two online applications: one on the CSC website and the other at NJU’s China International Student Service System. The specific procedure is as follows.
- Register and apply at the CSC website. After filling in the online application form (for Agency No., please fill in “10284”; for Program Type, please choose “B”), please click the “submit ” button and download the application form.
- Register and apply at NJU’s China International Student Service System. (For the program type, please choose “CSC Scholarship”.) The following documents will need to be uploaded.
1) CSC Scholarship Application Form;
2) Academic transcripts; 3) Certificate of your highest diploma; 4) Two recommendation letters from the teachers of the school you last attended (The referees for the master’s program applicants should at least be associate professors) ;
5) HSK test certificate (for the applicants for Chinese Language)/TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo test result (for the applicants for Information Resources Management);
6) Detailed proposal for study and research in China;
7) Medical certificate 8) List of papers published in professional or scientific journals & representative papers or abstracts of articles (optional); 9) First page of your passport; 10) Certificate of non-criminal record