The Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) in Mathematics has a significant number of studentships. Please note that the demand for financial assistance is high and therefore very competitive. If you are from outside the UK, you are strongly encouraged to also enquire about funding through your home country.
Decisions on these scholarships are made internally by the Mathematics department.
- Studentships cover the full payment of academic tuition fees (worth approximately £4,480 for home fees and £19,740 for overseas fees)
- A stipend in line with EPSRC rates
- Studentships also include a generous Research, Travel and Support grant, including a laptop, 2K for travel and 2K for a secondment opportunity in year 3
- Duration: 4 years
- To be considered for these scholarships use the funding section of your main application in the Admissions Portal.
- Please select Studentship and complete the form as indicated on the screenshots
- Applicants are allowed to include multiple sources of funding in the same application, for example other scholarships. There is no closing date. They are awarded throughout the year, but given the limited numbers and high demand, it is recommended that you apply as soon as possible.